Carte-monde.org website is hosted by OVH, whose registered office is located at:
2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France
Carte-monde.org respects the privacy of the Internet user and complies with applicable European and local laws on privacy protection and individual freedoms.
Carte-monde.org may collect personal data in the following cases:
- Sending a message via the contact form
- Sending a comment
- By cookies placed during browsing, including site-specific cookies (including those that are necessary or used for extensions such as comments), and third-party cookies (configured by default not to collect personal data). Read further on the section dedicated to cookies.
♦ When the user writes and sends a comment, the data entered (name/nickname and e-mail address) and the IP address of the user are stored in the database. This data is used only for correspondence purposes and is not and will not be disclosed. Saving the IP address helps detect unwanted comments.
To facilitate further comments, a cookie can be placed on the browser to remember the data entered in certain fields by the user so that he does not have to fill them again.
♦ When the user sends a message to Carte-monde.org editor. Via the contact form, the site stores in a database the information transmitted by the user (name or nickname, e-mail address). This data is only used for correspondence with the editorial staff of the site.
Personal data are not – nor will they ever be – disclosed and are only used for the purposes stated above.
Data access, lifespan
The Internet user can request to receive a file containing all the personal data about him that are stored in the database associated with Carte-monde.org, via the contact form. They can ask for it to be deleted. In all cases, the data is not kept for more than three years.
Data protection, security
Only information sent by the user via a comment or the contact form can be stored in the server database associated with Carte-monde.org.
This server is secure, with firewall to counter hacking attempts, AntiVirus and AntiMalware to protect it from threats like viruses, Trojans and malware.
Carte-monde.org has an SSL certificate to ensure a secure navigation in HTTPS, so that the information transmitted is encrypted from end to end on the networks between the user and the remote site.
Carte-monde.org editor uses all reasonable means to secure the database of the server where the data is stored.
Carte-monde.org integrates third-party tools and services such as Google Analytics (traffic analytics) and Google Adsense (ad delivery) which to operate and according to their configuration place cookies on the browser of the user to collect browsing information and/or, depending on the configuration of personal data.
What is a cookie
Cookies are small files with data stored on the browser of the user at the request of a remote website when the user consults it. These cookies are associated with the domain of the website and can be consulted during a subsequent visit by the same website. This allows a “lasting” interaction between the user and the website, until the cookie is deleted or reaches its expiry date.
The information thus stored is generally login information, consent information or other preferences intended to improve and personalize the user experience, such as targeting advertisements.
Analytics is configured by default in anonymous mode. Thus, the associated cookie does not transmit any personally identifiable information. However, if third-party cookies are refused by the user, this function is suspended. If the user accepts all cookies, the service can store information such as the IP address.
Carte-monde.org distributes advertising via the Google Adsense service, which includes the following:
- If the user refuses third-party cookies, which are limited to essential cookies, the service is deactivated.
- By default, with anonymous cookies enabled, advertisements are displayed in “non-personalized” mode. Thus cookies do not collect the browsing data of the user and there is no personal information transmitted, except those that are anonymized and necessary for the operation of the module.
- If all cookies are accepted, the advertisements can be displayed in personalized mode, which implies the following elements:
- Thanks to the DoubleClick cookie, Google and its partners adapt the ads distributed to visitors according to their navigation on its website and/or other websites.
- When a user sees an ad posted on a partner’s website or clicks on it, a cookie can be placed in their browser.
Users can disable the DoubleClick cookie used for interest-based ads via Google Ad Solutions Settings. You can also disable third-party cookies related to interest-based advertising by visiting aboutads.info
Deactivation of cookies
Cookies may be deactivated, in particular by setting your browser, or by using Google Advertising Solutions Settings, or by using the aboutads.info website for advertising purposes. However, by disabling all cookies, many websites or features may not work properly.
Depending on your browser, here are the procedures to configure the management of cookies: